Celebrating this year’s Canada Day theme of “Canada 150 – Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow,” we are calling all performers and performing groups to submit proposals to perform during the 2017 Canada Day Celebration at Queens Park on July 1st. We are looking for acts that will engage the community, celebrate the spirit and multicultural heritage of New Westminster, and respond to this year’s Canada Day theme.
Criteria for performers will include: availability, suitability for audience, New Westminster connectivity and technical requirements. Performers’ honorariums will be paid to all performers and will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
We are looking for the following types of entertainment:
- Mainstage Entertainment (music, dance, performing arts)
- Roving Entertainment (mobile and interactive)
- Wild Card (participatory, pop-up, playful, unexpected)
Submissions must include:
- Description of act or group, including performance history and links to New Westminster (up to one page)
- Preferred length of performance
- Tech rider and stage plot
- Links to website, videos, and other relevant online content
Please send all submissions by March 31st, 2017 at 4pm to:
Kristina Fiedrich | Arts Programmer
Cultural Services, Anvil Centre, Office of the CAO
777 Columbia Street, New Westminster, BC V3M 1B6 | T 604.515.3837 | E firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions will be accepted in person, by mail, and via email. The Canada Day Committee thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only successful candidates will be contacted.