Cultural Services at Anvil Centre has reopened to limited in-person visits & programs.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Anvil Centre, but things will be a bit different. The City of New Westminster follows provincial health and WorkSafeBC guidelines. We have developed new safety measures to protect our participants, guests and staff. Thank you for your continued patience and support as we face this pandemic together.
Before you arrive:
- If you, or anyone in your household feel unwell, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results, do not enter the building
- Anyone displaying symptoms of illness will not be allowed into Anvil Centre
- All guests and participants will be required to complete a Health Check Form at the Kiosk Desk (Level 1) before proceeding to their program or tour. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your booking/program to complete this mandatory form. (Or print, fill out and bring in with you.)
- Masks are mandatory throughout the building.
All activities at Anvil Centre require pre-booked appointments, pre-registration or event tickets:
- New Media Gallery Tours Book your tour
- Museum Tours Book your tour
- Archive Appointments To book your appointment, e-mail email@example.com
- Community Art Gallery visits To book your visit, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cultural Programs (In-Person/Virtual) Register
- New Media Gallery + Learning Lab programs (Virtual) Register
- New Media Gallery Events Visit
- Anvil Theatre Ticketed Performances Purchase tickets
- Cultural Space Rentals Enquire
Services not available at this time:
- High-Intensity group fitness/wellness and dance programs (currently suspended as per PHO order).
- Drop-in visits to the New Westminster Museum & Archives, New Media Gallery or Community Art Gallery.
What we are doing:
- Increased cleaning of high-touch areas
- Keeping building closed to general public drop-ins
- Hand sanitizer available for use
- Disposable masks available for use
- Directional signage throughout venue
- Plexiglass dividers at service counters
- Limited washroom and elevator occupancy
- Staff trained in safety measures
For in-person programs:
- Reduced class sizes and/or utilizing larger spaces within Anvil Centre to adhere to physical distancing requirements
- Requesting only one parent/guardian drop-off and pick-up children from class
- Requiring all participants wear masks
- Disinfecting rooms after each program
- Art supply quarantine/disinfecting procedures in place
- Low-Intensity Fitness/wellness guidelines and safety plans in place following Public Health Guidelines.
What you can do:
- Stay home if you, or anyone in your household are feeling sick or are required to self-isolate
- Wear a mask upon arrival and during your scheduled visit
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before scheduled visit
- Complete your Health Check Form at Kiosk Desk on Level 1 or before arriving
- Wash or sanitize your hands before entering the building
- Practice physical distancing throughout the building
- Follow all COVID-19 Prevention signage