What to Know Before You Go
Covid-19 Safety Measures
The City of New Westminster follows provincial health and WorkSafeBC guidelines. The following safety measures are intended to protect our participants, guests and staff. Thank you for your continued patience and support as we face this pandemic together.
What to Expect:
- Advanced booking is required for all programs and activities. Please see instructions below.
- Self-assess your health. Stay home if you, or anyone in your household are feeling sick, are awaiting COVID-19 test results, or are required to self-isolate
- Anyone displaying symptoms of illness will not be allowed into Anvil Centre.
- Arrive in Advance: Try to arrive 5-10 minutes in advance of your booking and not earlier.
- Wear a mask. Masks are mandatory throughout the building.
- Sanitize hands upon entry. All guests must use sanitizer upon entry to reduce the transmission of COVID-19
- Washrooms located on every floor
- Follow all signage & staff direction. Signage will help you find your way around facilities safely and understand new rules.
- Limit your visit. Exit the facility after your activity has finished so that staff can sanitize spaces and equipment and prepare for the next group of participants
- Arrive dressed & prepared to participate. Please arrive with the items you require for your visit: eg. a pre-filled water bottle, mat, towel etc.
- Due to Covid-19 restrictions space and availability can be limited. PLEASE contact us to cancel your visit or program
- All activities at Anvil Centre require pre-booked appointments, pre-registration or event tickets:
- New Media Gallery Tours Book your tour
- New Westminster Museum tours Book your tour
- Archives appointments e-mail email@example.com
- Community Art Gallery visits e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cultural Programs (In-Person/Virtual) Register
- New Media Gallery + Learning Lab programs (Virtual) Register
- New Media Gallery Events Visit
- Anvil Theatre Ticketed Performances Purchase tickets
- Cultural Space Rentals Enquire
- Services not available at this time:
- Drop-in visits to the New Westminster Museum & Archives, New Media Gallery or Community Art Gallery
Our Safety Measures for In-Person Programs / Visits / Events:
Reduced class sizes and/or utilizing larger spaces within Anvil Centre to adhere to physical distancing requirements
Limited Visitors allowed in Galleries and Cultural Spaces
We have worked out maximum capacity numbers for each room and space in the building
Universal check-in at Main Floor Reception Desk on Level 1
Requesting only one parent/guardian drop-off and pick-up children from class
Requiring all participants wear masks
Disinfecting rooms after each program
Art supply quarantine/disinfecting procedures in place
Low-Intensity Fitness/wellness guidelines and safety plans in place following Public Health Guidelines.