What to Know Before You Go
Covid-19 Safety Measures
The City of New Westminster follows provincial health and WorkSafeBC guidelines. The following safety measures protect our participants, guests and staff. Thank you for your continued patience and support as we face this pandemic together.
What to Expect:
- Advanced booking is required. See instructions below.
- Self-assess your health. Stay home if you, or anyone in your household are feeling sick, are awaiting COVID-19 test results, or are required to self-isolate.
- Health Check Form. All guests and participants will be required to complete a Health Check Form at the Kiosk Desk (Level 1) before proceeding to their program or tour. Anyone displaying symptoms of illness will not be allowed into Anvil Centre
- Be prompt. Arrive 5-10 minutes in advance of your booking and not earlier.
- Wear a mask. Masks are mandatory throughout the building.
- Sanitize hands upon entry. All must use sanitizer upon entry to reduce the transmission of COVID-19.
- Follow all signage & staff direction. Signage will help you find your way around facilities safely and understand new rules. Please follow staff direction. We appreciate your patience and attention.
- Limit your visit. Be prompt and exit the facility after your activity has finished so that staff can sanitize spaces and equipment and prepare for the next group of participants.
- Arrive dressed & prepared to participate. Please come dressed with a prefilled water bottle, mat, towel, and any other items you need for your visit.
- Call to Cancel.
- Refunds are granted if the program is not suitable for the customer (i.e. ability, safety, maturity concerns, etc.) and prorated as applicable.
- Refund requests, with less than 7 days’ notice before the registered program, are subject to a $10.00 withdrawal fee.
- Prorated refunds are granted until the end of the day of the second class and are subject to a $10.00 withdrawal fee.
- No refunds are issued after the end of the day of the second class.
- No refunds are issued for registered programs offered by or with third party service providers if the Department has incurred third party provider costs and the refund request has less than seven days’ notice.
- No refunds are issued for day camps with less than five working days’ notice.
- No refunds are issued for private lessons with less than seven days’ notice.
All activities at Anvil Centre require pre-booked appointments, pre-registration or event tickets:
- New Media Gallery Tours Book your tour
- Museum Tours Book your tour
- Archive Appointments To book your appointment, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Art Gallery visits To book your visit, e-mail email@example.com
- Cultural Programs (In-Person/Virtual) Register
- New Media Gallery + Learning Lab programs (Virtual) Register
- New Media Gallery Events Visit
- Anvil Theatre Ticketed Performances Purchase tickets
- Cultural Space Rentals Enquire
Services not available at this time:
- High-Intensity group fitness/wellness and dance programs (currently suspended as per PHO order).
- Drop-in visits to the New Westminster Museum & Archives, New Media Gallery or Community Art Gallery.
What we are doing:
- Increased cleaning of high-touch areas
- Keeping building closed to general public drop-ins
- Hand sanitizer available for use
- Disposable masks available for use
- Directional signage throughout venue
- Plexiglass dividers at service counters
- Limited washroom and elevator occupancy
- Staff trained in safety measures
For in-person programs:
- Reduced class sizes and/or utilizing larger spaces within Anvil Centre to adhere to physical distancing requirements
- Requesting only one parent/guardian drop-off and pick-up children from class
- Requiring all participants wear masks
- Disinfecting rooms after each program
- Art supply quarantine/disinfecting procedures in place
- Low-Intensity Fitness/wellness guidelines and safety plans in place following Public Health Guidelines.